The Novak Cable Shifter Kit
This Jeep transfer case cable shifter assembly replaces everything below the factory shift handle, including the z-bar linkage, tunnel mount bracket, transfer case mount bracket and shifter pivot.
The factory shift handle is entirely retained.
All necessary hardware is included with the Novak SK2XC and installation can be done in under two hours.
Adjusting the Novak cable shifter for optimum use is straightforward and this is detailed in our instruction package.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Restore and improve shifting action in Jeeps with suspension and especially body lifts and tummy tucks
- Provide a clean shifting mechanism for conversion transmissions (manual or automatic) being adapted to the Jeep transfer cases
- Provide a crisp shifting feel and greater sense of control to the driver of the Jeep
- Eliminate shifter kick-outs and resulting transfer case damage by replacing problematic factory linkages
- The shift pattern is maintained from factory when installed, i.e. 2 High, front most and 4 Low, rearmost
- The Novak SK2XC is fully compatible with modified "2 Low" NP231's
- The factory shift handle is retained
- No need to remove the factory console
- You dont have to remove the front yoke or driveshaft
Our Control Cable
We've researched many types and brands of control cable, and we enthusiastically specify and provide our customers with the best we've ever seen. This Novak transfer case features:
- Heavy-duty crimped ends
- Stainless steel cable
- Industrial grade, high-temp outer sheath
- Super-low friction, Teflon liner
- Tight bend radius featuring no-bind resistance clear down to 5"
- Made in the USA.
- Fits all 1988-2006 Jeep TJ and XJ vehicles with the 231 or 242 transfer case. (Does not work with Rubicons transfer case.)