We are open and actively processing orders, however, please note some products may not be available or may take longer than normal to arrive due to the COVID-19 virus. All KeyParts ground shipped products are shipping 5 business days after placing your order, all Truck Freighted (large and heavy) items are shipping 4 to 6 weeks after placing your order.
American Autowire products are shipping 4 to 6 weeks after placing your order.
The 1962-1974 Volkswagen Beetle Wiring Harness Kit is one of the
most complete kits on the market to
“Make Wiring Super Easy”. It is designed only for the 1962-74 Volkswagen Beetle as a 12 volt
conversion system. The VW Bug wiring kit boasts vehicle specific features making it the most complete and easy to
install system of its type in the industry including:
1. A new compact ATO-Style fuse
panel that is designed to be mounted in the same area as the
original fuse panel. The fuse panel and wire connections are labeled to identify all circuits by
description and their respective fuse ratings.
2. All high amperage output circuits incorporate the
same superior spring steel reinforced terminals that are used in our Highway Series kits.
3. Circuit wiring uses superior
insulation wire, color coded and printed at 3 inch intervals with a
4. Circuits not using printed wire adhere to the original VW wire color code
and stripe. All instruction sheets call out the wire function, printed circuit description, and wire
5. Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on main fuse panel.
6. Complete instructions on the
direct connections to original Volkswagen switches such as the
headlight, headlight dimmer, ignition, wiper, emergency flasher, courtesy light and turn signal.
7. The VW Bug wiring kit is designed around currently available original or replacement switches.
8. Headlight dimmer circuits are
designed for either floor dimmer or turn signal stalk headlight
9. Connections to floor dimmer or momentary headlight dimmer relay use original style
10. Steering column connection to the original Volkswagen steering column turn signal switch.
11. Turn signal connections maintain original momentary
headlight dimmer and “flash to pass”
12. Additional turn signal and hazard flasher to accommodate LED front and rear turn signal lights.
13. Instrument cluster modification
of the directional indicator light to accommodate LED white or
colored bulbs. Necessary for low current draw and indexing required by LED bulbs.
14. Instrument Cluster wiring with
connections for all warning lights using original style terminal
15. Engine wiring includes feeds
for the coil, oil pressure sender, generator (or alternator), voltage
regulator, carburetor connections, starter, and optional wiring for a tachometer and engine
temperature sender. Main power to the fuse panel is supplied through a heavy gauge feed and
fusible link. All connections to components are provided with original style terminals.
16. Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances.
17. All headlight, parking light, and directional light leads are provided with original style terminals.
18. Rear body lighting to
accommodate all bulb configurations for turn signal and braking.
19. Circuits are designed to use either original incandescent bulbs or LED bulbs.
20. Long length wires allow original or custom wire routing.
21. Original style terminals are
provided for direct connections to
original tail light assemblies, license plate lights and backup lights.
22. Sender lead wires are provided for electric fuel tank sender units.
23. Detailed, full-color instructions are included with your 1962-1974 VW Beetle wiring harness kit.
This 1962-74 Volkswagen Beetle Classic Update Kit is part number 510419.
Free Shipping on all American Autowire Classic Update Wiring Harnesses!
This part is designed to fit the following vehicles.Volkswagen Beetle 1962
Average Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.