Classic Update Kits give you one of the most complete kits on the market to
"Make Wiring THAT Easy". They are designed for specific year, make, and model
configurations. The 1973-79 Ford Truck & 1978-79 Ford Bronco Classic Update
Wiring Kit is no exception. The kit boasts 14 features making it the most
complete system of its type in the industry including:
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 25-amp circuit breaker,
adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location with no mods to the
firewall. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse panel allows for easy
fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to
allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper
systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Many original switch connector bodies - an American Autowire exclusive
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket
steering columns or stock 1973-79 Ford columns using the adapter and terminals
included in the kit.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are also included for use
along with your original dome/interior lighting feeds.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect"
system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals that will plug into
the original cluster connector (another American Autowire exclusive) are
provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most
popular aftermarket gauges such as DAKOTA DIGITAL, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS,
AUTOMETER, VDO, and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness at the left kick
panel location and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the
wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires and connectors along
with stop and tail light lead wires and connectors. New tail lamp socket and
side marker lamp socket pigtail extensions are also included. License plate
lamp lead connection, as well as the fuel tank sender lead connection is also
included. An optional extra cost dual fuel tank harness is available
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length
and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil
pressure, electric choke, and electric speedometer (if needed). A heavy gauge
alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output
1 wire or internally regulated alternator. Connectors supplied for power and
tach leads for GM style H.E.I. distributors along with various oil and temp
senders. A Ford Gen III series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or
optional appearances. All head light, parking light, and directional light
leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually
recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also
provided for you to complete your custom installation. New parking lamp socket
and side marker lamp socket pigtail extensions are also included.
- New ignition switch with indexed connector included.
- New windshield wiper switch with indexed connector and motor leads
included which must be mated to your stock motor (mating connector and
- New door jamb switch pigtails and switches are also included.
This 1973-1979 Ford Truck & 1978-79 Ford Bronco Classic Update Kit is part
number 510342 and will be available in December 2012.
The Retail price is $699.00.
Carolina Classic Trucks Price is 594.88 and free shipping.
There will be two optional add-on kits available in January for this
Classic Update kit.
The first is a Tailgate Power Window Wiring Kit for the 78-79 Ford Bronco,
and the second is a Dual Fuel Tank Wiring Kit for the 73-79 Ford Truck. Part
numbers, pricing, and release dates will be coming soon!
Please note: Classic Update Kits do not support Ammeters
This part is designed to fit the following vehicles.
Ford - Truck - 1973
Ford - Truck - 1974
Ford - Truck - 1975
Ford - Truck - 1976
Ford - Truck - 1977
Ford - Truck - 1978
Ford - Truck - 1979
Ford - Bronco - 1973
Ford - Bronco - 1974
Ford - Bronco - 1975
Ford - Bronco - 1976
Ford - Bronco - 1977
Ford - Bronco - 1978
Ford - Bronco - 1979
Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
There are no reviews