The 1953-56 Ford Truck Classic Update Kit gives you one of the most complete kits on the market to "Make Wiring THAT Easy". The 1953-1956 Ford F100 wiring harness kit boasts 14 features making it the most complete system of its type in the industry including:
- This F100 wiring kit will accommodate all F series body applications including Panel truck.
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 30 amp
circuit breaker, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and
horn relay mounted on harness.
- NEW compact ATO-Style fuse panel that is fully
encased in a closed box assembly with two mounting pads (mounting hardware
included). The fuse coverlid is labeled on the inside identifying all
circuits by description and their respective fuse ratings. All high amperage
output circuits incorporate the same superior spring steel reinforced
terminals that are used in our Highway Series kits.
- Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly
all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat
and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies - an American
Autowire exclusive feature.
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into
most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1953-56 Ford columns using the
adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamp assemblies and door
jamb switches are also included for use along with your original
dome/interior lighting feeds.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster
harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals
and connectors (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock
cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular
aftermarket gauges such as AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, STEWART WARNER,
VDO, and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main
harness at the left kick panel location and our longer leads allow for stock
or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead
wires and connectors along with stop and tail light lead wires and
connectors to mate into the stock Ford tail and back up lamp pigtail
assemblies. A license plate lamp lead connection, as well as a fuel tank
sender wire with tank unit connection is also included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of
installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water
temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, and electric speedometer (if
needed). A heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included
for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated alternator.
Connectors supplied for power and tach leads for GM style H.E.I.
distributors along with various oil and temp senders. A Ford Gen III series
alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be
routed for stock or optional appearances. All head light, parking light, and
directional light leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric
fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and
connectors are also provided for you to complete your custom installation.
- New ignition switch, retainer, and chrome dash bezel are included with the 1953-1956 Ford F100 wiring harness kit.
Please note: Classic Update Kits do not support Ammeters
This F100 wiring kit supports the following vehicles:
- 1953 Ford Truck
- 1954 Ford Truck
- 1955 Ford Truck
- 1956 Ford Truck
If you dont see the American AutoWire wiring kit you are searching for, call or email us, chances are we have it in stock.
Guaranteed lowest prices and friendly customer service.
Free Ground Shipping (48 contiguous states) on all American Autowire Classic Update Kits.
This part is designed to fit the following vehicles.
Ford F100 1953
Ford F100 1954
Ford F100 1955
Ford F100 1956