This American AutoWire complete wiring kit for a 1970, 1971, 1972 or 1973 Firebird Classic includes everything youíll need to replace the wiring in your classic Firebird. American AutoWire part 510174 includes a replacement headlight switch, standard turn signals and flashers, a fusebox designed to fit in the original location and more! Carolina Classic Trucks is a preferred authorized dealer of American AutoWire Wiring Harnessess and Wiring Products.
1970-73 Firebird Classic Update Series Complete Wiring Kit
- Replacement headlight switch with internal 30 amp circuit breaker
included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob
are also included.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted remotely on harness.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location. All required hardware
supplied. New ATO fuse box allows easy fuse and circuit breaker
accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all
after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat
and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most after market
steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize
stock GM turn signal switches The original column can also be wired by
using the supplied mating connector and terminals. Stock GM ignition
switch connectors are provided
- Along with wiring for your original dome/interior lighting we have included separate underdash light sockets.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness
disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. All original
terminals, connectors (exclusively from American Autowire), light
sockets, and correct printed circuit board connections are also supplied
for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect of the disconnect
system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired
in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, COVAN CLASSICS,
DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness
in the original connector bodies. Flexibility in harness design allows
for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light
wires and mating connectors for backup light leads. License plate lead,
connectors, and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal
- EXCLUSIVE! Youíll find all the original style light socket pigtails
(including stop-tail and back-up lamp assemblies packed into every
aspect of this system making it the most complete system of itís type in
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- EXCLUSIVE! Original bulkhead connector for the engine and front
light wiring is included and ready for installation. Original routing of
the new harness without any body modifications!
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well
as H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I.
distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series
internally regulated alternators. GM "CS" series alternator adapter is
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when
custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light and
directional light connectors and terminals, correct printed circuit
board connections, and sockets are provided, as well as a switched
trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- High powered accessory plug for power windows, power locks, etc.
If you donít see the American AutoWire wiring kit you are searching for, call or email us, chances are we have it in stock.
Guaranteed lowest prices and friendly customer service.
Free Ground Shipping (48
contiguous states) on all American Autowire Classic Update Kits.
Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
There are no reviews