- Replacement headlight switch with internal 30 amp circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are also included.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted remotely on harness.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse box allows easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most after market steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize stock GM turn signal switches The original column can also be wired by using the supplied mating connector and terminals. Stock GM ignition switch connectors are provided
- Along with wiring for your original dome/interior lighting we have included separate underdash light sockets.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors (exclusively from American Autowire), light sockets, and correct printed circuit board connections are also supplied for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, COVAN CLASSICS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original connector bodies. Flexibility in harness design allows for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light wires and mating connectors for backup light leads. License plate lead, connectors, and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal included.
- EXCLUSIVE! You'll find all the original style light socket pigtails (including stop-tail and back-up lamp assemblies packed into every aspect of this system making it the most complete system of it's type in the industry!
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- EXCLUSIVE! Original bulkhead connector for the engine and front light wiring is included and ready for installation. Original routing of the new harness without any body modifications!
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series internally regulated alternators. GM "CS" series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light and directional light connectors and terminals, correct printed circuit board connections, and sockets are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- High powered accessory plug for power windows, power locks, etc.
SKU: 510174 1970-1973 Firebird Classic Update Series Complete Wiring Kit
This part is designed to fit the following vehicles.Pontiac Firebird 1970
Pontiac Firebird 1971
Pontiac Firebird 1972
Pontiac Firebird 1973
Average Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.