Use this American Autowire kit to update your 1964, 1965, 1966 or 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle. This kit is recommended for modernizing your Chevelle and not restoring it completely. This American AutoWire complete wiring kit (part 500981) includes original switch connector bodies (which are exclusive to American AutoWire). Read more about this 1964-1967 Chevelle wiring harness kit. Carolina Classic Trucks is a preferred authorized dealer of American AutoWire Wiring Harnessess and Wiring Products.
1964-1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Classic Update Series Complete Wiring Harness Kit
- Correct replacement headlight switch with internal
- Original Ford styled headlight switch connector.
- Headlight enhancement relays allow you to run
high-powered Halogen headlights.
- Complete wiring for all running lights, brake lights
and directional lights, and license lights and third brake lights.
- Separate relay controlled circuit for cars that have
stock or aftermarket fog or driving lamps.
- Correct replacement ignition switch for use with your
original bezel and tumbler.
- Correct original ignition switch connector.
- Standard turn signal flasher and hazard flasher mounted
on fuse panel; horn relay mounted on harness.
- New ATO Fusebox fits in center of the firewall away
from heater and A/C ducts and allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker
- Harness allows for most after market accessories such
as; gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, power windows, etc.
- All required hardware supplied with our 1964-1967 Chevelle wiring harness kit.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most
after market steering columns.
- Directions and an adapter with terminals are included
for running a stock Mustang steering column.
- Separate optional under-dash light sockets along with
original dome/interior light wiring.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster
harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. The best aspect of
the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and
neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL,
STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness
behind the left hand kick panel for easy accessibility and allows for original
or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead and ground
wires, stop and tail light lead and ground wires with proper focal length
light sockets, third brake light wire and the correct license plate lead
connection for use with your stock tag lamp. Fuel tank sender wire and sending
unit extension are included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and
connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch location.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water
temperature, oil pressure, brake warning (with later updated extension if
necessary), and electronic speedometer (if necessary). A heavy gauge
alternator feed wire is provided for a typical 1 wire high-powered
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special
routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park
light, fog light, and directional light leads are provided, as well as a
switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions included with this 1964-1967 Chevelle wiring harness kit.
Please note: Classic Update Kits do not support Ammeters
This wiring harness kit supports the following vehicles:
- 1964 Chevrolet Chevelle
- 1965 Chevrolet Chevelle
- 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle
- 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle
If you donít see the American AutoWire wiring kit you are searching for, call or email us, chances are we have it in stock.
Guaranteed lowest prices and friendly customer service.
Free Ground Shipping (48
contiguous states) on all American Autowire Classic Update Kits.
This part is designed to fit the following vehicles.
Chevy Chevelle 1964
Chevy Chevelle 1965
Chevy Chevelle 1966
Chevy Chevelle 1967