Use this American Autowire kit to update your 1964, 1965, 1966 or 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle. This kit is recommended for modernizing your Chevelle and not restoring it completely. This American AutoWire complete wiring kit (part 500981) includes original switch connector bodies (which are exclusive to American AutoWire). Read more about this 1964-1967 Chevelle wiring harness kit. Carolina Classic Trucks is a preferred authorized dealer of American AutoWire Wiring Harnessess and Wiring Products.
1964-1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Classic Update Series Complete Wiring Harness Kit
- Correct replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker.
- Original Ford styled headlight switch connector.
- Headlight enhancement relays allow you to run high-powered Halogen headlights.
- Complete wiring for all running lights, brake lights and directional lights, and license lights and third brake lights.
- Separate relay controlled circuit for cars that have stock or aftermarket fog or driving lamps.
- Correct replacement ignition switch for use with your original bezel and tumbler.
- Correct original ignition switch connector.
- Standard turn signal flasher and hazard flasher mounted on fuse panel; horn relay mounted on harness.
- New ATO Fusebox fits in center of the firewall away from heater and A/C ducts and allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility.
- Harness allows for most after market accessories such as; gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, power windows, etc.
- All required hardware supplied with our 1964-1967 Chevelle wiring harness kit.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most after market steering columns.
- Directions and an adapter with terminals are included for running a stock Mustang steering column.
- Separate optional under-dash light sockets along with original dome/interior light wiring.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. The best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness behind the left hand kick panel for easy accessibility and allows for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead and ground wires, stop and tail light lead and ground wires with proper focal length light sockets, third brake light wire and the correct license plate lead connection for use with your stock tag lamp. Fuel tank sender wire and sending unit extension are included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch location.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, brake warning (with later updated extension if necessary), and electronic speedometer (if necessary). A heavy gauge alternator feed wire is provided for a typical 1 wire high-powered installation.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, fog light, and directional light leads are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions included with this 1964-1967 Chevelle wiring harness kit.
Please note: Classic Update Kits do not support Ammeters
This wiring harness kit supports the following vehicles:
- 1964 Chevrolet Chevelle
- 1965 Chevrolet Chevelle
- 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle
- 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle