This American AutoWire complete wiring kit for a 1967 or 1968 Firebird includes everything youll need to replace the wiring in your classic car. American AutoWire 1967-1968 Firebird wiring harness kit (part 500886) includes a replacement headlight switch, standard turn signals and flashers and a fusebox designed to fit in its original location. Carolina Classic Trucks is a preferred authorized dealer of American AutoWire Wiring Harnessess and Wiring Products.
1967-1968 Pontiac Firebird Classic
Update Series Complete Wiring Harness Kit
- Replacement headlight switch with internal 30 amp
circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and
custom knob are also included.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn
relay mounted on fuse panel.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location. All
required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse allows easy fuse and circuit breaker
accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all
aftermarket accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air
conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most
aftermarket steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which
utilize stock GM turn signal switches. The original column can also be wired
by using the supplied mating connector and terminals.
- Original Dash Panel instrument Cluster Connector.
- Along with wiring for your original dome/interior
lighting we have included separate underdash light sockets.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster
harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. All original
terminals, connectors (exclusively from American Autowire), and light sockets
are also supplied for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect of the
disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly
wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, COVAN CLASSICS, DAKOTA
DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- New ignition switch is included with indexed connector.
Additionally the system comes with column mounted ignition switch connectors
for adapting late model columns (67-68 models).
- Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the
main harness in the original connector bodies. Flexibility in harness design
allows for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light
wires and mating connectors for backup light leads. License plate lead,
connectors, and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal
- EXCLUSIVE! You will find all the original style light socket pigtails packed into every aspect of this Pontiac Firebird wiring system, making it the most complete system of its type in the industry!
- Original parking light mold-ons for 1968 application. (Exclusive to this American Autowire Pontiac Firebird wiring kit)
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points
type as well as H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM
H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series
internally regulated alternators. GM "CS" series alternator adapter is
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special
routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park
light, and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as
a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions included with this 1967-1968 Firebird wiring harness kit.
Please note: Classic Update Kits do not support Ammeters
If you donít see the American AutoWire wiring kit you are searching for, call or email us, chances are we have it in stock.
Guaranteed lowest prices and friendly customer service.
Free Ground Shipping (48
contiguous states) on all American Autowire Classic Update Kits.
This part is designed to fit the following vehicles.
Pontiac Firebird 1967
Pontiac Firebird 1968
Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
There are no reviews