The American AutoWire classic update series wiring kit includes everything you need to modernize your classic Chevy Passenger car. The kit (part 50423) is appropriate for modernizing a 1955 Ė 1956 Chevy Passenger car. American AutoWire Wiring products include headlight dimmers, ignition switches, boots, tubes, grommets and other essential pieces. Carolina Classic Trucks is a preferred authorized dealer of American AutoWire Wiring Harnessess and Wiring Products.
1955-56 Passenger Classic Update Wiring Harness Kit
- Original headlight bucket grommets, parking light weatherproof boot, tube
assemblies, and light sockets are included. Extra long leads are supplied for
- Accessory disconnect provided for connections to power windows, power
seats, cruise control, fuel pump, power door locks, extra radio (CB), or
optional power accessory.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection
accommodate original floor mounted dimmer switch.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on
- Fuse box and custom mounting plate are designed for bolt-on, under dash
installation. All required hardware supplied.
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most aftermarket
steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize stock GM
turn signal switches. The original column can also be wired by using the
supplied mating connector and terminals.
- Heater control panel lighting, power, and blower motor leads are included
for original style heaters as well as aftermarket heat and AC updates.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect"
system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors, and
light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges.
- Replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker, retention
collar nut, adjustable length shaft, custom knob, extra connectors, and
instructions are included.
- Original design rear body weatherproof boot and tube assemblies and
original design light sockets make attachment to original or reproduction tail
light assemblies an easy plug-in.
- Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in
the original under dash position utilizing existing retention clips. License
plate connectors and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal
included. Special terminals included for original.
- New ignition switch is included with indexed connector. Additional
connectors and instructions are provided to use the original 1955-56 and 1957
ignition switches, original style door jamb switches, and overhead dome light.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom
under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, and directional
light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger
wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Engine wiring includes connectors for points type and HEI distributors.
Power and tach connectors supplied for GM HEI distributors. Alternator
connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series internal regulator and "one wire"
- Engine wiring includes starter and gauge sender leads for water temp, oil
pressure, and tach. Heavy 8 gauge alternator leads are supplied. Power
circuits are fusible link protected.
- Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions
Please note: Classic Update Kits do not support Ammeters
If you donít see the American AutoWire wiring kit you are searching for, call or email us, chances are we have it in stock.
Guaranteed lowest prices and friendly customer service.
Free Ground Shipping (48
contiguous states) on all American Autowire Classic Update Kits.
This part is designed to fit the following vehicles.
Chevy - Classic - 1955
Chevy - Classic - 1956
Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
There are no reviews