Need to update your 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973 or 1974 Cuda/Challenger? This American AutoWire Wiring Kit includes everything you need to modernize your classic vehicle: Headlight, Dimmer, and Ignition switches; Boots, Tubes, and Grommets; Fuses, Relays, and Flashers; Original Connectors, Terminals, and Disconnects. Use this American AutoWire kit (part 510289) to update your classic Cuda/Challenger. Carolina Classic Trucks is a preferred authorized dealer of American AutoWire Wiring Harnessess and Wiring Products.
The 1970-1974 Cuda/Challenger Classic Update Kit provides a new ATO style fusebox that mounts in the stock location and covers ALL variations of the Cuda and Challenger from í70-74.
This kit, as with all of the Classic Update kits, is a complete bumper-to-bumper wiring system. Remember, with American Autowire kits you get full color step-by-step instructions, photos, wiring schematics, and free tech support to make your wiring experience that easy.
Classic Update Kits give you one of the most complete kits on the market to "Make Wiring THAT Easy". They are designed for specific year,
make, and model configurations. The 1970-1974 Cuda/Challenger Kit is no exception. The kit boasts 12 features making it the most complete system of its
type in the industry including:
- Standard turn signal and hazard flashers are mounted on fuse panel. A new
horn relay is mounted on the main dash harness.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location with mods to the firewall,
template included. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse panel allows
for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and
formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge
packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies - an American Autowire exclusive feature
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket
steering columns or stock 1970-74 Mopar columns by using the included adapter.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamps for use along with your original
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect"
system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connectors
(another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster
connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges
such as AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, STEWART WARNER, VDO, and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness in the stock
location and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires.
Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires with correct lamp sockets or
connectors, stop and tail light lead wires with correct lamp sockets, dome
light harness, terminals, connectors and lamp sockets to mate with the license
plate lamp, and fuel tank sender wire with trunk grommet and tank connection.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length
and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- GM bulkhead connectors for the engine and front light wiring are included
(another American Autowire exclusive) and allow for easy installation with
original or custom routing.
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type distributors,
OEM Chrysler style starter relay connections, tach and ignition leads, etc.
High-powered 1-wire alternator connections are supplied.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or
optional appearances. All headlight, parking light and directional light
connectors and terminals are provided along with a switched trigger wire for
an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Original style light sockets, switch body connectors, terminals, etc.
Please note: Classic Update Kits do not support Ammeters
This wiring harness kit is suitable for the following vehicles:
- 1970 Dodge Challenger
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 1972 Dodge Challenger
- 1973 Dodge Challenger
- 1974 Dodge Challenger
- 1970 Plymouth Barracuda
- 1971 Plymouth Barracuda
- 1972 Plymouth Barracuda
- 1973 Plymouth Barracuda
- 1974 Plymouth Barracuda